Here in Cypress River, we aim to leave no trace. Below are some of the initiatives Prairie Wind has been working on to make this festival as sustainable as we can. Look for some tips and tricks to make your experience sustainable, too!
By collecting recycling and organics in addition to landfill, we are working towards having a zero waste festival. This may sounds crazy, but we think it's possible. So to work towards that, each year we are planning to lower our contamination rate (the amount of recyclables and food waste that end up in the landfill) and increase our diversion rate (taking those items out of landfill and giving them a second life through recycling or organics breakdown.)
All genders, abilities, ages, cultures and sexualities are welcome to the festival. As such, any form of discrimination will not be tolerated.
We have worked with our food vendors to ensure that all the to-go containers and cutlery are compostable. That means that everything you get from your favourite food truck can go into that green bin - napkins and all!
We are also aiming to provide more vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options.
Bottle Water Free
You won't find any bottled water sold or available at the festival. We've got you covered though. There will be two water tanks near the stage to fill up during the weekend. Bring your own water bottle for this!
• Bring a water jug to fill up and keep at your campsite instead of plastic bottled water
• Slide reusable cloths instead of paper towels to your camping gear
• Have sandwiches pre-made in reusable tupperware containers instead of single-use ziplock bags
• Grab your cutlery and plates from home instead of using plastic ones
• Try all-in-one soap that can be used to wash your hands, dishes, clothes - anything!